RE: AV Amps and video

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: AV Amps and video
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 08:56:31 -0000

> Tut tut - I expected better than that Phil.
> I didn't think 'adequate' was a phrase associated with ppl in
> this group - other wise, using a wall switch to turn a light
> on & off rather than a PIR linked to HV linked to a lamp
> module would be more than adequate :-)

*sigh* The guy doesn't even know me and he knows me!

> Or was it your intention that initially a DIP switch would
> do, but you had a plan involving a Lego Mindstorms kit, an
> appliance module, HV/HS and some sort of remote control to
> move the switch for you as and when required? :->

No ... I found a far more difficult, convoluted and - possibly -
dangerous way of doing it. This would involve a DIP switch, a small
screwdriver (to flick the DIP switch) and training up the wife in what a
DIP switch is, how they work and which one does what!

Phil