RE: AV Amps and video

> > > Of course if someone was to build an active S-Video splitter
> > > with proper
> > > mini-DIN connectors (they don't fall apart like SCARTs) then
> >
> > Is that you offering then? :-)
>
> Nope ... I can just about solder properly and that's my lot...

Well if you get that electronics book discussed recently as being the dogs
hairy bits, you'll soon be knocking 'em out :-)
(I don't recall an endorsement of the book by Prof Doxey.  If we knew where
_his_ knowledge stemmed from, there could be a whole army of UKHA_D-ers
knocking out KAT5, PHAT5 (Phils Home Automation Thingy over Cat5!) etc etc
products :-)

> > > The other option would be if the KAT Switcher had
> defeatable input
> > > termination then it could just be looped through!
> >
> > I'm sure Keith has already considered this - and many other
> > 'ultimate flexibility' type facilities for the switch :)
>
> *chuckle* I think Keith and I talked about pass-through on
> the switcher
> inputs mid last year!

Presumably in the context of being able to either
a) connect directly to the switches web server, or
b) have HV send a suitable X10 signal
to it to switch between terminated/unterminated inputs - coz you never know
when you're going to have to toggle that termination setting :-)

Tony

Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com