Re: Just thinking... GPRS, 3G

> How likely is it that in the (near) future I could add some sort of
GPRS
or 3G mobile
> module to my HA server to allow this?  Obviuosly I'd need some sort of
tarrif that took
> advantage of the always on aspects of these services without a
crippling
subsription?

You can add a GPRS connection to a PC now.  In fact, my Ericsson T39 will
connect to the Internet via GPRS now and act as a modem for any machine
with
a Bluetooth or IrDA connection.  I'm not sure how they deal with IP
addresses and allocation.  I suppose as it's always on, you must always
have
an IP address.  If so, http://www.dyndns.org or http://www.dns2go.com would
be capable of keeping you easily accessible.  Of course, they may use
proprietry systems with a gateway to the Internet, in which case you're
scuppered :-(

Andy
--
PC-Based Multimedia System