RE: OT: (ish) Web publishing question

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: OT: (ish) Web publishing question
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 08:45:53 +0000

Hi Mick,

Pretty darn good actually. - Actually a bit overkill for what I
"needed", -
I only wanted to support 8 digital inputs, and be permanently tethered to a
PC. (so I don't really need the local intelligence).

The only thing where I "believe" the Weeder modules might score
points over
the VIOM is in their ability to be daisy-chained to stack more
inputs/outputs into the same PC serial port, but that really wasn't an
issue
for me....

Naturally of course, M**lins don't sell a project case that's a good match
for the size of the PCB!

I didn't get any of the additional modules, - I didn't need them for my
application.

I'm actually thinking about getting another one... :-)

Paul G.

>From: "Mick Furlong" <hiltoneltd@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] OT: (ish) Web publishing question
>Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 01:02:05 -0000
>
>Paul
>
>what do you think of the viom module? I was looking at these the other
day
>and they  seem to be very useful.
>
>Did you get the add on led or relay boards?
>
>Mick

(urgent)" list!...

> > Getting through that list slowly but steadily now....
> >
> > Have so far completed the upgrade to the Jukebox machine, - now a
1GHz
> > Athlon running XP Pro, with 200GB of disk. - that went back
online on
>the
> > LAN yesterday..
> >
> > I've also got the Bathroom media PC and control panel sorted - a
> > nice shiny
> > chrome faceplate with a bank of 8 momentary switches, positioned
near
>the
> > bath. Cabled back to the inputs on a VIOM module, and controlled
> > by Girder.
> > Got it all working OK (ish) on Win98SE, - still have issues with
> > the WinTV
> > card under 2K/XP that I'd like to get sorted, as I *want* that
> > machine to be
> > running XP if poss... (98 still crashes occasionally...)
> >

> > And today I installed the new Home Automation PC (hurrah!) - also
> > now a 1GHz
> > Athlon running XP Pro. That upgrade allowed me to start using the
new
> > Comfort UCM that I installed last week. - Tonight I installed
Patricks
> > Comfort/Homeseer plugin. Tomorrow I will connect up the Meteor
> > and install
> > the Homeseer plugin for that.
> >
> > No rest for the Wicked eh???
> >
> > Paul G.
> >

> > >From: "P Murgatroyd" <pmurgatroyd@xxxxxxx>
> > >To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
> > >Subject: RE: [ukha_d] OT: (ish) Web publishing question
> > >Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 22:38:51 -0000
> > >
> > >Nope... Its all done through ActiveX and "stuff"
like that...

> > >All you need to do is connect.. IE then logs on to the TS...
I presume

<pmurgatroyd@xxxxxxx>

have you thought
microsoft released a