RE: OT: (ish) Web publishing question

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: OT: (ish) Web publishing question
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 23:17:45 +0000

Even better then!  - I'll definately have a look at that when I get on to
the Win2k server upgrade part of my "Thngs to do (urgent)"
list!...

Getting through that list slowly but steadily now....

Have so far completed the upgrade to the Jukebox machine, - now a 1GHz
Athlon running XP Pro, with 200GB of disk. - that went back online on the
LAN yesterday..

I've also got the Bathroom media PC and control panel sorted - a nice shiny
chrome faceplate with a bank of 8 momentary switches, positioned near the
bath. Cabled back to the inputs on a VIOM module, and controlled by Girder.
Got it all working OK (ish) on Win98SE, - still have issues with the WinTV
card under 2K/XP that I'd like to get sorted, as I *want* that machine to
be
running XP if poss... (98 still crashes occasionally...)

And today I installed the new Home Automation PC (hurrah!) - also now a
1GHz
Athlon running XP Pro. That upgrade allowed me to start using the new
Comfort UCM that I installed last week. - Tonight I installed Patricks
Comfort/Homeseer plugin. Tomorrow I will connect up the Meteor and install
the Homeseer plugin for that.

No rest for the Wicked eh???

Paul G.

>From: "P Murgatroyd" <pmurgatroyd@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] OT: (ish) Web publishing question
>Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 22:38:51 -0000
>
>Nope... Its all done through ActiveX and "stuff" like that...
>
>All you need to do is connect.. IE then logs on to the TS... I presume
>it copied across some AX controls at this point but not sure..
>
>The point I am getting at is any IE can use it... Doesn’t have to have
>plugin installed already!
>
>Paul M.

Client"