Re: Routing Baseband video around the house

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Routing Baseband video around the house
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 00:32:36 -0000

Most low cost matrix switches are comosite video only, and if you are happy
with CV, then your solution is fine.  As cost goes up you get YC, and then
component.

CCTV - CV is fine, but DVD?  its a judgement call.  I'm happy at the mo
with
CV for everything, as it simplifies switching!

If you like KAT5 but cant wait for the KAT5 switcher, a possible
alternative
switcher is the Cytec RJ series of switches, which are basically boxes full
of relays(!), but RS232 controlled.  You'll need to write yiour own control
interface software.  See http://www.cytec-ate.com/r.htm.

Connectors - BNC best.  But not usually used with CT100.