Re: Re: X10 pricing in the UK.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: X10 pricing in the UK.
  • From: david.paterson@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 13:48:07 +0000 (GMT)

I've not had much success with Protectdirect :{

I ordered a couple of security cameras from them, and after weeks of
waitin=
g I was told they'd accidentally overlooked my order (during some sort of
t=
ake-over or something).

After another couple of weeks I had to contact them again, and was told my
=
order "had just been dispatched yesterday".

A week later I got an email saying they had no stock, and the units were
di=
scontinued!

Two months later they're still advertised on the web page....

I hope you have better luck than me, but from now on I think I'll shop
some=
where a bit more reliable even if it does cost more.

David P.

> --- In ukha_d@y..., Bazza <bazza2000@y...> wrote:
> >=20
> > I've just placed an order with www.protectdirect.tv
> > for a CM12U, LM10 and AM10 priced in total at =A349.99
> > inclusive of VAT.
> > The same kit at www.letsautomate.com (although not
> > available in a kit) is priced at=20
> > CM12U	=A349.95
> > LM10	=A323.50
> > AM10	=A323.50
> > Total	=A396.95
> >=20
> Looking at the site I would guess they bought a load of the stock=20
> from Homebase when they cleared it all out last year. Many of us
here=20
> bought the same stuff from Homebase for 15 quid each or less.=20
> Letsautomate and the other suppliers discussed here are in the=20
> business of sustainable sales of X10 gear, hence they sell at a=20
> profit and carry an extensive range. These items are a bargain=20
> (though they were much cheaper last year) but I would not expect
them=20
> to be available long term.
>=20
> Regards
>=20
> Graham
>=20
>=20
> For more information: <a href=3D"/bti/redirect.html?<a
href=3D