X10 pricing in the UK.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: X10 pricing in the UK.
  • From: Bazza <bazza2000@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 04:31:23 -0800 (PST)

I've just placed an order with www.protectdirect.tv
for a CM12U, LM10 and AM10 priced in total at £49.99
inclusive of VAT.
The same kit at www.letsautomate.com (although not
available in a kit) is priced at
CM12U	£49.95
LM10	£23.50
AM10	£23.50
Total	£96.95

i.e. 	www.letsautomate.com 	£96.95
www.protectdirect.tv	£49.95
Saving			£47 quid

Am I missing something here?  Is someone taking a bung
as regards promoting letsautomate.com and not
protectdirect.tv?  I know theres a far greater array
of products at letsautomate.com, but for the new start
who want's to get into homeautomation I'd think that
100quid as opposed to 50 quid makes it a bit of a
non-starter.
Is there a reason why protectdirect.tv is not listed
on the links section of automatedhome.co.uk?
I'm not trying in any way to undermine
letsautomate.com, but surely as they're the UK leaders
there's something wrong with their pricing strategy?
Whilst I'm on the subject of prices, does anyone know
of any other places in the UK like protectdirect.tv
that stock X10 stuff at a more reasonable price?

Regards

Bazza.