REQUEST FOR HELP!

  • Subject: REQUEST FOR HELP!
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 08:37:02 -0000

I may regret this, but.....

Can any of you who use ASDA for your shopping, and don't keep the things
for
any other reason,please keep your receipts (especially *big* ones for
monthly shops etc)

A lot of the barcode databases I can find online have very little in the
way
of UK brands in them, and outside of international products like "Head
and
Shoulders" or "Coca Cola" are coming up empty.

Combine ASDA receipts with their richness of info, a Fast Scanner, and good
OCR Sofwtare
(I use the ABBYY Finereader suggested by Dr John) and it's quite easy to
get
all the info together..

If anyone fancies, email me directly, I'll give you my address, and we can
either post them, or scan them (600dpi monochrome)

I give my assurance, I am only interested in the product information, and
any otehr details will be discarded.

Ian.