From: "Graham P. Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 03, 2002 11:39 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Barcodes!

After several bids which were automatically superceded, I currently have
the
highest bid ($36) on the 25 cue cats. I also have someone in New York who
can take delivery, so with luck I will be able to get them here for a
reasonable price. I assume that there might be some here interested in
taking a few of these off my hands if I am successful?

Regards

Graham

serial number
> > and encryption, and now have two "native" PS/2
scanners.

> > That's when Jenni had an idea. Perhaps the serial number
> placed in the
> scan
> > by Digital Convergence is useful. We intend to use three of the
> > scanners either "built in" or sat beside:
> >
> > 1) The Fridge
> > 2) The Freezer
> > 3) The Main Food Cupboards
> >
> > (The other two become one on my PC for barcode databse
> maintenance/dev
> work
> > ane one for the laptop)
> >
> > The native cuecat returns this:
> > .C3nZC3nZC3nWChvYCxf1D3nY.bNjW.DNnZC3b3Dhn0C3TZEW. when I
> scan a 300ml
> > bottle of macleans complete care coolmint mouthwash.
> (happened to be
> > on my
> > desk)

provides many
> options
> > for processing, including passing the (decrypted) Serial Number +
> > Barcode with a "." seperator
> >
> > With catnip in place, it becomes the rather clearer:
> > 000000003361226401.5000347070808
> >
> > Given that the serial number for each cat is always the same, I
can
> > then
> use
> > this sequence of kepresses (000000003361226401.) as a
> girder trigger
> > event to mean "incoming scan from the fridge" (or, at
> least, thats the
> > plan)
> >
> > Next steps:
> > 1) extending the PS/2 connection over the CAT-5 to the
> Kitchen without
> > spending £100 on an extender!
> > 2) running two/three cue-cats over this extended link (I
> have already
> > ran all five at once here on my desk!)
> > 3) scanning *everything* in the cupboard as a test of how
> fast it is.
> > 4) Scanning and OCRing my last ASDA receipt, which includes the
> > following
> on
> > each line:
> > Item Name, Barcode Number, Cost per Item
> >
> > Ian.

> > Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx

> > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

> ---------------------~--> FREE COLLEGE MONEY CLICK HERE to