RE: IR Extender

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: IR Extender
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <lists.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 23:15:44 -0000

Title: Message
But I cant complete the switcher with one of my video sources missing :-(

Been trying out the siteplayer module tonight. I recon that internet control of the switcher will be a doddle.

I have been sending commands out of the serial port on the siteplayer module and watching them appear in a hyperterminal window on the PC. The best bit is....it was done based on the standard demo page that is preloaded into the module.

I created a form and put it on MY WEBSERVER .....NOT the module, and posted it to the siteplayer module. This means that not only will control be possible >from or PHP pages (catering for both Windows and Linux users here :-)) that can post data to the switcher.

Given that people are developing their own TV guides and suchlike, these will be able to command the switcher to change to the correct source. Another possibility for ADSL users is remote selection of CCTV cameras. By creating a framed page with embedded streaming video in one frame and the "controls" in the other frame they can select which camera is fed to the capture card in the PC.

Wish I had ADSL :-(

I have now learnt that it is within 10 miles from my house..... still no plans for Great Yarmouth though.

Keith