-----Original Message-----
From: Mick Furlong [mailto:hiltoneltd@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 01 March 2002 11:34
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxxSubject: RE: [ukha_d] Buying Tivo's My Experience

I read on one of the forums that someone had spoken to the designers at the hard disc companies who said that it was probably better if a disc WAS spun up all the time. Spinning up and down would reduce lifetime. The Tivo is only reading/writing when you are recording/playing which is kind of the point ;)

Mick