RE: Re: Oil level monitors

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Oil level monitors
  • From: "Roger" <roger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 09:05:23 -0000

Measuring the pressure at the base of the tank will allow you to measure exactly how much oil is in the tank ~ 1Bar will be equal to 12meters or so of oil level... so for your tank I guess you will have a range of 0-0.1Bar depending on the oil level. 4-20ma pressure transducers are available allowing a reliable long cable run, and it is easy to connect these to an analogue IP of any controller. Any sudden decrease in level can trigger an alarm for tank failure, or theft, etc

Roger Shingler