RE: Re: Control of heating (X10/Comfort/HV etc)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Control of heating (X10/Comfort/HV etc)
  • From: "Roger" <roger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:50:21 -0000

Re sensing if the boiler is on...

Try taping a reed switch to the side of the gas valve if it is solenoid
actuated. With some types of solenoid operated valves there is enough
magnetic field on the outside to close a reed switch. I would be a bit
worried about connecting any circuit directly to the valve, as any
accidental voltage feed to the valve could turn it on --- BANG!

Roger Shingler