RE: Barcode Scanner Purchase

Stuart Poulton [mailto:swp@xxxxxxx]
wrote:
> Prices exclude VAT + SHIPPING
> More info can be found here
> http://www.zygo.btinternet.co.uk/offer004.html
>=20
> Pricing as follows
> Number      1      10+      100+=20=20=20
> Cost =A3      20     12.45    6.10

Well they certainly look pretty good.  I remember using a very old scanner
connected to my BBC Micro that you had scan from left to right, at a very
consistant speed.  At one point Acorn User even had some program listings
that you could scan in, instead of type in.  Ahh the days before discs/cds
were on the magazine covers.

> If you read previous messages there are a number of possible software
> solutions, I supsect that most people will roll their own solution.
>=20
> One thing to note is that the RS232 is TTL level, so a convertor will
> be required, to get true RS232, however this is fairly simple to do,
> and I'm already looking at a solution.

Well I'm sure if any group of people can get the thing going then you lot
can.  I think we should definitely buy one first to see if the TTL thing
ca=
be resolved.=20=20

> If people are willing to add the cost of 1 off to the total cost
> I'm happy to purchase a sample and work on the level converter,
> along with those with more electronics knowledge than me.

Ooops you just took the words out of my mouth.  I'd be happy to pay some
money towards the development.  Better that than for the group to order
loads only to find out there not going to work.

Anyway put me down for two (possibly more the guys in the office loved Ian
Lowe's "upcoming food items to be consumed" idea!!!!

Rob
--=20
______   __   _   ______   ______=20
/ ___   / /  /  / __    / _____ HOME: chas@xxxxxxx
/ /  /_/ / /__/ / / /__/ / / /__    http://www.kaosuk.co.uk/
/ /  __  / ___  / / ___  /  \__  \            ----          =
=20
/ /__/ / / /  / / / /  / / _____/ / Rob Chasmer, MMT Computing
______/ _/  /_/ _/  /_/ ______/ robert.chasmer@xxxxxxx
=20
If you have received this email in error please let us know by e-mail reply
and delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose
its contents to anyone.  Please note that any views or opinions presented
i=
this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of MMT Computing plc.  Finally, the recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  MMT Computing plc accepts
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.=
=20