Very OT: Smart Car

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Very OT: Smart Car
  • From: "Nick Shore" <nick.shore@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:58:25 -0000

> Smart Car?  They're great little cars, but I decided against it
> after a test
> drive.  They're nippy, but it's like driving a van, and you can't
change
> gear quickly which defeats the object of a sequential 'box really.
I'll
> stop there as it's way OT.

Well until January I had a LHD smart - but then I skidded on avery large
patch of ice,
causing me to spin, which then took me up onto the banking at the edge of
the road
and rolled the car onto its roof - felt very silly hanging upside down :-(

Anyway my boss has offered me a company car - so I have gone for a RHD
Smart
Passion
as it's only 40 quid a month in tax - probably the cheapest company car you
can get :-)

The Smart is a great fun car - BUT you have to get used to driving it -
once
you do then the gear change
becomes easier to use.

Nick.