RE: Good ADSL News at last...

Title: RE: [ukha_d] Good ADSL News at last...
I am served by an RCU off a system X... I assume that the RCU is the 'exchange'?
-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Doxey [mailto:lists.diyha@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 18 June 2002 17:12
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxxSubject: RE: [ukha_d] Good ADSL News at last...

The "Exchange" is the collection of racks that feed you your telephone service.

Normally there is one exchange per building. (there can be more than one exchange in a building in large cities)

One exchange can serve many villages, often located centrally in a group of 3 or 4 villages.

A normal town will have one exchange

Large towns and cities can have several exchanges

There are often 20 or more exhanges to a single STD code.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv