-----------------
From: Kenneth Watt kennwatt@xxxxxxx Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:14:33 +0100
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Weather Station Bargain

> Out of curiosity, what do you guys do with all this information you
> can log?
>
> I admit to a fascination with it all myself, but I'm not entirely sure
> what my ultimate goal here is!

My goal is to get weather info, 'cause I'm a sad git probably, but more
than that if I can get the info from a weather station and into HV then
I can make the heating control system more accurate than it is. At the
moment I can only read the outside air temp and three inside temps so
having wind info etc allows me more flexibility and more accurate
heating control.

If you used your chosen flavour of HA device/software to control the
likes of Ian B's irrigation system, for example, you could tell the HA
system that it was raining or whatever gardeners do and not to bring on
the water under certain conditions. If the wind chill was really making
it feel like Alaska outside then you can ask the HA system to raise the
internal temp a notch if you see where I'm going here.

K.