Re: Migrating from ISDN to ADSL

I am in the same position as mark in that I wish to upgrade to adsl
(and as soon as draytek sort their lives out and launch the Vigor
2600 will) but have ISDN.

I also have a private BT line coming into the house, can I get them
to do the survey on that line/number (which one would assume goes the
same place) and assuming all is well install ADSL on the other line
once I convert the ISDN line back to analogue??

I could take the gamble and just get the ISDN converted back to
analogue as I wouldn't be paying for the reinstall, but the whole
reason my boss is agreeing to this is that it will save him money and
I won't be very popular if it ends up costing a fortune for no gain

Regards

Paul

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@e...> wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> I've spoken to Eclipse (my chosen ADSL-provider-to-be) , who tell
me that the only way forward is:

> 1: Convert back from ISDN to analogue
> 2: Have site survey
> 3: Have ADSL installed
>
> Obviously, there's a risk that I could fail the survey, and be
stuck with analogue again (or pay an ISDN install fee again)... I
could order ADSL from BT.NET as an upgrade from ISDN, but that would
involve using BT.NET, so I'm not prepared to go that route.

> My question therefore, is, does anyone know know what proportion of
ISDN-OK lines _aren't_ OK for ADSL?