RE: BT Survey

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: BT Survey
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 22:27:28 +0100

I started with a call to BT Openworld, they bounced me to Business Sales,
who bounced me back to openworld, from there to ignite, back to openworld,
to business sales (different dept) to openworld, to residential customer
services, to someone in "the dept responsible for the rollout, but not in
scotland", to yet another business sales dept, to someone's secretary, who
refused to pass me through.

At every stage, I asked, who do I write to? not *one* of the people I spoke
to was willing to give me a name, or even a generic mailbox.

I eventually (through a friend) got the email address of a woman within BT
willing to talk, but she insisted that there was *no* threshold involved.
the impression she gave was that it was very much a case of the management
resenting the "little people" trying to push for exchanges being enabled. of
course, that could just be her own department's view..

It's my unfortunate experience that the only thing worse than dealing with
BT is dealing with NTL or telewest.

The annoying thing is that my exchange was an old stowager one (one of the
last to go digital) and the building is huge!! unless they have converted
most of the space into a hidden lap dancing bar for BT senior management I
don't see them having space issues ;)

Ian.