RE: BT Survey

There is a certain number of request that must be made for an exchange to
be
enabled.

Once that number is reached the exchange will be enabled.

The number isnt too high but obviously I cant say what it is.

Suffice to say, get ALL your friends, relatives, enemies, people you havent
met yet to register an interest and with luck the exchange should get
enabled.

Since Ben Verwayan took the helm there have been dramatic changes in the
way
it is run and rollout of ADSL seems to be Ben's highest priority. He
realises that Broadband is what people want and is keen that the rollout
should be as widespread as possible.

I am hopeful that there will be a positive announcement about my exchange
at
the end of the month.

Whenever I am speaking to anyone involved with Broadband in any way, I also
miss no oppertunity to point out that we (the UKHA'ers) NEED Broadband
primarily because it is always on (with so many of us having had accounts
terminated for overuse) with the speed of Broadband a desirable secondary
benfit. I have said that certainly amongst the likes of us, there would be
widespread takeup of a 64K or 128K always on service should such a service
become available.

I have to admit that I was very suitably impressed with a VDSL demo I saw
the other week. 14Mbits per second. 3 streamed DVD quality channels @ 4M
plus phones plus speedy smurfing. Made me want ADSL even more :-)

Keith