RE: Possible Internet Disruption starting 16:00 BST

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Possible Internet Disruption starting 16:00 BST
  • From: "Mark Hetherington" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 01:21:45 +0100

This is not likely to be a problem. The Internet is overly redundant which
is why it works so well. Other than sites relying solely on KPQN (tragic,
but avoidable given the fact that this issue has been known for some time)
the worst that will happen will be some minor lag while everything
reroutes.

Given the general lag of the World Wide Wait, most people probably won't
even notice. I guess Channel 4 might use it as an excuse for their terrible
uptimes :)

Mark.

P.S. Following the link, the register have actually posted an article
suggesting that the original claim was doomsaying.