RE: The Solution to Room Occupation Detection

How about this:

http://www.versustech.com/badges.htm

It is a simple badge that integrates with a pc to control door locks,
locating people and things.  It seems to be mainly used for the real-time
tracking of eg. Patient notes but if the HA community were to get our hands
on it then it could be used for occupancy detection.  Hospitals are even
using these things to track patients and equipment and also to forward phone
calls to where a person is at that moment.

I bet they cost an arm and a leg though - bulk buy anyone??

Cheers
Pedro