RE: TTS and how to do it?

Hi Kenneth,

Not quite sure I understand what your question is exactly since the
problem you state at the end seems like a audio distribution problem.
Any rate for what it is worth this is the direction I am heading at the
moment.
1) I am only having fully fledged audio systems in 2 (maybe 3) rooms
i.e. family, living.  I assume when you talk of powering up systems, it
is these types of systems you are talking about - the amp in particular.
2) For PA type announcements and in-room music for the rest of the rooms
I am building some small amplifiers with digital volume control (mute
and power off functions as well) so they can be controlled via the HA
controller.  Yet to decide if these will live in ceiling or in node 0.
Depends on kat 5 availability and price I guess :-).  However I have
come to the conclusion that even in the rooms that have a fully fledged
audio system I need to repeat this "PA" system for announcements etc.
Reasons are exactly as you stated, power up issues, volume control, mute
ability. Of course the speakers in these rooms can be pretty cheap and I
don't expect the home built amps to come in at much of a price either.
3) For what it is worth I have installed Misterhouse and Festival TTS
and got that running.

I have looked at trying to manage the power up of the fully fledged
audio systems and it just seemed more of a hassle to have something
different in those rooms compared to the rest of the house.

Hope I haven't headed off on to big a tangent.

Cheers
Shane