-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Harrison [mailto:Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx]
Sent: den 13 juni 2002 19:49
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: [ukha_d] MPG / DIVX - next steps?

Hi all,

I know that this has probably been answered before, but here's where I am.

I have done a full (deCSSing) rip of a DVD to HDD. This DVD is Farscape 1.1,
so contains two separate episodes. This has given me a whole bunch of files:

      6 BUPs
      6 IFOs
      13 VOBs

I would like to turn each of the two episodes into two things, so I can
compare quality / network requirements.

      1: A single MPG file, giving no further losses

      2: A DIVX-compressed file

What should I do next? What tools do I need?

I am NOT worried about cross-network navigation through the menus of DVDs
(though this would be nice if there's an easy way to do it.)

I DO have a requirement to be able to play the episodes individually, from
SOME kind of web-based menu. I'm going to be using www.videolan.org to do
this... but only got as far as client-side replay from a copied VOB file...
which means that the combining of VOBs is the next step.

Regards,

Mark