RE: 3com wirless

Hi Kevin!

I've played around some with a few different brands of wifi stuff. This
isn't exactly scientific findings but.

I've used cards from Z-com (Taiwanese "no-name" stuff), which works ok if
you use the latest drivers. Nothing I would recommend though.

Cards from Dell (Orinoco-stuff inside I think) is working fine as well.

AP from Dell is ok as well as D-Links stuff.

But, I've spent hours trying to get 3Com cards working with Dell / D-link
AP, without success. I wasn't impressed with the drivers at all, and would
not again buy wifi from 3com.

It seems that trying to get various brands working together is really hard
because of different implementations of the "standard" and also I've seen
different terminology used as well as very poor documentation. If I was to
buy anything new in this department I would go for one brand (probably
Lucent or possibly D-Link) and buy everything from the same supplier.

But, again this isn't any professional guidance, only the feeling I've
gotten from playing around with wifi stuff one night to many.

/Johan