Re: ADSL group buys?

> I think that, all along, we've taken the view that UKHAers comply with the
law. The only discussions about sharing ADSL have been the long-range
sharing where party A could get ADSL, but party B couldn't.

Now in principle thats fine as long as you get the ISP to agree. Which means
your no longer going against any contract fine print. no problem.

Don't get me wrong, if you can't get a fast link because BT don't or won't
enable you to, then I think you should get it whichever way you can within
the law.

And we can't really NOT discuss long distance wireless links. There is
nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

But discussing sharing adsl on wireless links in regard to braking the isp
terms and conditions is not very different to discussing sharing Tivo data
across Tivos is it?

> Today's comments were provoked by a legal change, and Stuart asked about
whether the framework of ISP provision would change so that Group Buys could
become possible, not about whether party 1 could re-sell against the terms
of their service agreement. It was you who suggested that :-) :-) :-)

Yeah reading back the original thread Stuart says about neighbours buying
the service in bulk. Paying the ISP for it. That doesn't cover the point
made above of sharing the connection.

Best Regards

Jason