Re: OT Excel expert required

Hi Mark,

thanks for your response, unfortunately I forgot the important bit, a
row is only considered a duplicate if all the columns are identical
and there are 87 columns in the sheet!

And no I can't gaurantee all 87 will be identical

cheers

Paul

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@e...> wrote:
> Paul,
>
> If you can guarantee that your dupes are identical, then it's easy.
>
> Say you're looking for de-dupes on column A... then you do two
things.

> 1: Sort on column A
> 2: Create a new column, say, B, which does B1 = IF (A1=A2, "DUPE
FOUND", "")... and copy down

> You can then to a quick manual scan down to see whether there are
any Dupes by just looking to see non-empty cells in Column B.

> That's the way I find dupes in long lists :-)
>
> Mark

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

__
> This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs
SkyScan