Re: New (?) Lighting Control Supplier

> To give you a clue their 8 channel dimmer pack (5 Amps per channel) is about the same size as an alarm panel (enclosure) doesn’t have to be mounted at > node zero (because the control is on an RS-485 bus) and retails for 800 quid. It isn’t cheap when you compare it to X10, but it is cheap when you compare

> it to Lutron.

Can you give us an idea of the features of these dimmer packs Tim?  Soft start, straight to level X, number of scenes, number of levels per circuit etc.

> Control panels are totally configurable, up to 10 buttons on a single back box – up to 26 on a double!

Nice.  Any pics?

> I’m not sure whether I’m going to interface to an alarm, or just install additional occupancy/door detectors – I’ll find out more when I meet with the chaps.

> Phil and I were chatting on the phone the other day, as home automators we often try to interface something or automate it because we can, rather than

> because it actually adds some value!

Agreed.  But (for example) my lighting based on movement has been removed from my Study as it was a pain in the but.  However, that doesn't mean I don't still love it in the hallways, Kitchen, utility etc.

What are the PC control options for this system.  I assume you'll have to use a PC as a stand alone HA controller is not an option?

M.