-----Original Message-----
From: Graham Howe [mailto:graham@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 10 June 2002 22:51
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Suggestions for a TV

Here are some things to consider off the top of my head:

1. No tuner so you will need a VCR and/or set top box etc for off air
stuff.
2. Bulbs (for LCD) are expensive and would probably last no more than 18 months if used for all viewing.
3. No teletext.
4. Warm up time (about 20 seconds on mine).
5. Need to turn on AV equipment to watch and listen to anything (this
has caused a problem for me where the AV amp is serving music to the
dining room and I can not have music in there whilst watching TV in the
lounge).
6. Depending on quality of screen and projector and amount of light, it
may not be possible to see picture properly during the day. In my case I can draw the curtains and the picture is fine for normal TV viewing at
all times of the day.

I am only looking for a TV as backup because of point 2 mainly.

Regards

Graham

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to