-----Original Message-----
From: Phillip Harris [mailto:phil@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 8 June 2002 15:22
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] SliMP3 Ethernet MP3 Player

> Errr, actually it said that the slimp3 analog was the same as
> the AT optical
> ;)

Actually it said a bit more than that even...

...The guy said he was using a Meridian decoder so he was saying that
the analogue feed from the SliMP3 through the Meridian sounded as good
as the digital feed from the AudioTron decoded by the Meridian.

Having said that it shouldn't be too much of a task to reroute the
analogue feed within the AudioTron if it is an issue that it picks up
noise from the PSU. What is more of a concern is that they have simply
paralleled up the line out sockets on the back panel and the headphone
output which isn't generally a good idea.

Phil