-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Davidson [mailto:ian@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 08 June 2002 07:25
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxxSubject: Re: [ukha_d] PIR wiring Help

Hi Mick

you can easliy add extra PIR's. The N/C on the PIR stand for Normally Closed. This means the nc contacts when no movement is detected are shorted together. Because N is link to + then the input to the card will see + volts as normal. When movement is detected the n/c become open circuit. Now instead of + volts to the input it is linked via the 10K pull down resistor to GND and the input will see 0 Volts.

If that didn't make sense then just wire the PIR's like this......

Remove the resistor and put it between the +in on the card and GND.

all + to +volts

All - to GND

Wire the first PIR C to the + Input of the card.

Wire the N to the next PIR C terminal.

Keep wiring like this with N of the previous PIR to C of the next PIR.

On the last PIR in the chain link the N to + volts.

All the N/C's have now been wired in series, so if any PIR trips the circuit is broken and the Input will go to 0 Volts.

Hope that helps.

Ian D