Re: DVD Changer info

Brian Reynolds wrote:

> I must admit it seems you are right, almost useable with only 7 DVD's
> but with your collection.....

I don't have a problem...... honest.....
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=Doogie

Out of my collection I think less than 10 discs have cover pictures,
more have title text, but still a very small percentage..... and its
*really* inconsistent.... eg a multi disc box set might have a picture
on one disc, a title on another disc, and nothing on another disc
seemingly randomly.... pile of poo really!

I believe in the US, you get a CD with the changer

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-AVsnacCndtS/ProdView.asp?a=0&s=0&g=54500&id=whats_included&i=158DVPX860

Whats included
"Jacket Picture Collection Disc"

> I remember you sent to me a copy of your Pronto file which you were
> "playing" with selection "bars" on a screen, did you ever complete that?
> I seem to think you binned it?

I use NudeList from

http://www.ox.compsoc.net/~leo/nudelist

The Sony interface is absolute pants though... :( Even the "direct
choose a disc" function..... on my ancient Pioneer 25 CD changer you
type a number and press "go to disc" button.... on the Sony 860 you need
to go Disp/ Enter/ digits / Enter/ Disp/ Disp - OK you can programme the
start and end as pronto macros, but if you miss one of the commands by
getting something in the way, it breaks :( I found it a bit more
reliable to put a couple of stops in before hand which improved
reliability a bit

If you want I can send you a copy of my not-very-good ccf file....
Including Ken's Tivo stuff.... :D

> Also is it possible to stop a disk automatically loading when you switch
> the changer on? I think I asked you once before and the answer was no?

Nope.

> Can you tell I am only now starting to use the player!

Hehehehehehehhe :D

One thing that I do actually use the Sony filing system for.... there
are 4 (not enough!) "disc folders" I'm very big on  TV series on
DVD..... I put all my south park discs in folder A, all south park,
simpsons, futurama, monty python, fawlty towers etc, in folder B. I can
then send Folder A/Randomize by Title which will play random south park,
or folder B/ Randomize by Title which will play random TV
programmes..... :D I do get some problems with eg Python discs stopping
on menus which wont auto skip, plus the randomize isn't as random as it
could be.... :( but generally its pretty cool for hands off background
action :D

--
Doogie