-----------------
From: Mick Furlong hiltoneltd@xxxxxxx Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 15:55:23 +0100
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: [ukha_d] Electronics decoding of outputs

Ok the same Linux box mentioned in my previous email has 4 outputs which are
relay based potential-free switch contacts. These are rated 1.5A at 230 V AC
and 2A at 30VDC.

What I would like to do is to decode these outputs giving me  additional
states (something similar to how frank is doing the HV/IR stuff I guess) if
my math holds up I should be able to control 16 relays using combinations of
the 4 signals.

Is it as simple as using a set of logic gates to do this?

Is there a solution on a chip ?

Any other help?

btw I am VERY rusty with my electronics....23 years rusty ....so go easy on
me ;)

Thanks
Mick