RE: Sky+ question

-----Original Message-----
From: James Hoye [mailto:james.hoye@xxxxxxx]
Sent:
05 June 2002 09:10
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Sky+ question

1.If I connect the optical cable, will I also need to connect the stereo leads too? Does the box output pro-logic or stereo through the optical connection if no dolby digital soundtrack is available?

It _should_ output stereo PCM via the optical out, which your Meridian should be able to handle quite nicely.

Should and does are two different things J, which is why I asked.

2.Does the RF output contain line 23 ws switching (for the bedroom telly)? If not, I know that Svideo works over about 15 metres if you use a reasonable 75Ohm cable. Is RGB the same? Can you use a common ground for R,G,B and composite over scart (5 conductors in total) or do you need a cable that has four runs of 75Ohm coax plus three conductors for stereo.

KAT5 mate, you can carry Svideo and stereo audio over a single run of CAT5 cable - you are installing some CAT5 aren't you ;)

Can KAT5 be configured to handle pin 8 ws switching? I’m intending to wall mount an LCD panel, and can’t think of anywhere to mount the KAT5 units, The solution I’m looking at for curtain control, heating, lighting and security uses an RS485 bus, and they recommend stranded over CAT5, as it is less likely to break J

I’m thinking of getting an LCD display panel for the bedroom, and don’t really fancy installing a second box, as it will never be used at the same time as the primary TV.

KAT5 has scart connectors as standard - but Keith is quite accommodating in providing variations of these....

Actually the Panasonic LCD panel has scart connectors, but it is a little expensive for a bedroom telly!

Tim.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor