Sky+ question

I’m in the process of planning my HC layout in the new pad (the builders start tomorrow morning)

As Pace have decided that they will only make the Sky+ box in silver, I’m thinking of mounting it in node 0 which will infact be right behind the Home Cinema installation. This gives rise to a number of questions.

  1. Is there a minimum bend radius for optical digital connectors?
  2. If I connect the optical cable, will I also need to connect the stereo leads too? Does the box output pro-logic or stereo through the optical connection if no dolby digital soundtrack is available?
  3. Does the RF output contain line 23 ws switching (for the bedroom telly)? If not, I know that Svideo works over about 15 metres if you use a reasonable 75Ohm cable. Is RGB the same? Can you use a common ground for R,G,B and composite over scart (5 conductors in total) or do you need a cable that has four runs of 75Ohm coax plus three conductors for stereo.

I’m thinking of getting an LCD display panel for the bedroom, and don’t really fancy installing a second box, as it will never be used at the same time as the primary TV.