Re: [OTish] Free Electronics books

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OTish] Free Electronics books
  • From: "andy_powell_is" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 11:42:27 -0000

Frank,

I haven't tried it yet, I have been practicing my soldering skills
which lead a lot to be desired. I've also managed to build another
breadboard version which I looked at much more closely. Where the
previous circuit took up about 5 x 5 inches it now takes up 2 x 5 ..
as I get better with the soldering skills the components get closer
to each other :) What I have nearly completed is a simple 1 in 8 out
ir box  (which could be 1 in 16 out if I try :D ) . I think I need to
practice at this more before taking the plunge into the full blown 1
in 8 zones of 8 out...

I am finding the whole thing quite interesting and in fact I used my
prototype connected to the Basic Stamp to simulate ir pulses and
plugged in little vissible led 'fake IR' emitters in the output ports
and it works a treat.. I haven't had time to test with the IR
emitters though, that's for this evening...

I've also been looking at builing a small 5v 0.8a power supply for it
as at the moment I'm using fly leads to my breadboard to get power
for it..

I'm actually enjoying myself here.. and although I could probably
have got a Xantech connecting block with all the bits and pieces I've
had to buy.. I think I could probably create the equivalent for a
hell of a lot less, (rough guess at around 15 quid, and that's for a
10 output version including 10 emitters!

Now I understand why you lot like electronics so much.. it ends up
being much cheaper...

I will do some photos and put them on my website for all to see and
have a laugh at...

How's your design going, have you completed it yet? ... I'm starting
to wonder if Ian B will be able to start up his own circuitboard
production line :D

Andy

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/