Re: effin' typical..

> > I'm using the standard IR emitters (tried one and two of them) po= inting
at
> > various different angles towards the box.
> >
> > > Which cable box do you have? and is it ntl or telewest?
> >
> > Telewest Pace 4000.
>
> Sorry to hear about that :(
>
> The FAQ at www.tivocommunity.com says:-
>
> *Does TiVo support digital cable yet?*
> Yes. An adaptor is available for =A330 from customer services for Pace=
> 1000 and 2000 boxes. Pace 4000 owners can now use code 20009 under
> "Pace" and do not require the adaptor. Threads to read on th= is are: Pace
> 1000
> <http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s= =3D&threadid=3D29260>
> , Pace 2000
> <http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s= =3D&threadid=3D29055>
> , or Pace 4000
> <http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s= =3D&threadid=3D29576>.
> UPDATE MARCH 2002: Some *Telewest* (not original NTL) users are
> reporting that their Pace 4000 boxes can no longer be controlled with<= BR> > the 20009 codes - those users will also need to buy the adaptor. This<= BR> > change is due to a software update in the STB changing the way IR work= s.
> If your IR control suddenly stops - you probably got updated to the ne= w
> STB software!
>
> Apparently the 4000 used to be OK without a dongle until Telewest
> upgraded to Liberate 1.2 which broke it :(
>
> Sorry!

No need, I did the tried and tested method of swearing followed by saying "f**k it" and coming back an hour later to find it working perfec= tly.  It's
now recording a selection of programmes at various qualities so I know whic= h
one I want to use, whilst I hoover the house to sweeten SWMBO after
yesterday's spending spree on something she says does not work.  I hop= e
changing rooms is on today ;-)

Andy (happily Tivoing)

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk