Re: effin' typical..

Andy Laurence wrote:

> I'm using the standard IR emitters (tried one and two of them) pointin= g at
> various different angles towards the box.
>
> > Which cable box do you have? and is it ntl or telewest?
>
> Telewest Pace 4000.

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear about that :(

The FAQ at www.tivocommunity.com says:-

*Does TiVo support digital cable yet?*
Yes. An adaptor is available for =A330 from customer services for Pace
1000 and 2000 boxes. Pace 4000 owners can now use code 20009 under
"Pace" and do not require the adaptor. Threads to read on this ar= e: Pace
1000
<http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=3D&= ;threadid=3D29260>
, Pace 2000
<http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=3D&= ;threadid=3D29055>
, or Pace 4000
<http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=3D&= ;threadid=3D29576>.
UPDATE MARCH 2002: Some *Telewest* (not original NTL) users are
reporting that their Pace 4000 boxes can no longer be controlled with
the 20009 codes - those users will also need to buy the adaptor. This
change is due to a software update in the STB changing the way IR works. If your IR control suddenly stops - you probably got updated to the new STB software!

Apparently the 4000 used to be OK without a dongle until Telewest
upgraded to Liberate 1.2 which broke it :(

Sorry!

Doogie

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk