[UKHA_D] Pronto RF Update

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [UKHA_D] Pronto RF Update
  • From: "Tony T" <home@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 08:56:01 +0100

Hi all,

Just thought I would give you a quick update on my attempts to add RF to my=
pronto2.
Well one broken pronto later (which I've now managed to repair) I gave up o= n
the idea!

Still didnt want to run ir receivers all over the house so decided to bite<= BR> the bullet and got a pronto pro with the intention of putting an rf receive= r
at node 0 pointing at a red rat. Unfortunately I've got too much rf
interference to get a reliable signal (had loads of help from Chris Dodge though - top man).

However when trying to teach the pronto the mouseremote commands (as a last=
resort, which didnt work either) I stumbled across the fact that the pronto=
can learn x10 commands and these are picked up by tm12u/tm13u rf units.

So now I have a pretty color logo for each station which the pronto sends a= s
2 device 'off' commands (e.g. N3 off, N4 off) and the ha pc interprets this=
into a station (e.g. sky one) and changes the channel on the NTL (irda) stb= .
Ok, not blisteringly fast (about 2 seconds from button push to channel
change) but it IS accurate. Commands like channel +/- are allocated a singl= e
device 'on' command to get faster response.

I'm now going to install TM13U's for all of the housecodes I use, so the pronto can control all of the x10 units + send all sorts of commands to the=
ha pc. Also I can use it anywhere in the house/garden.

Ok the screen on the pronto could have been better (it's dual scan like the=
fujis) and the price is definetly OTT (so passing on the =A399 tivo), but overall - an excellent purchase, very pleased.

Regards
Tony T

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk