RE: [ukha_d] £99 TiVos = £299 TiVo with subscription....

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ukha_d] £99 TiVos = £299 TiVo with subscription....
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 21:07:20 +0100

Simon,

It should remain as functional as a basic VCR with you having to
manually set up recordings rather than them being managed by TiVo.
However that is TiVo's strongest selling point, as in, fit and forget,
TiVo does the rest for you.

As for the Jason's query, yes TiVo is subscribed to the box, not the
customer and so is fully transferable as you see fit so long as the
subscription is paid. The one downside to this is that if the box dies
then so does your subscription. That said, TiVos seem to be very
reliable with virtually no failures reported other than the odd DOA
AIUI.

K.

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""