-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Harrison [mailto:Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 30 May 2002 12:00
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: CE certification

You may be able to self-certify on the basis that all the components are
certified, and simply keep records of this, though.

If something goes wrong, however, it's a general principle that the retailer
is always responsible... since it's the retailer who enters into a contract
with the end user.

The retailer would then need to demonstrate that they'd made every effort to
be compliant, and that the problem lay further up the chain.

Actually... just had a scarey thought... will post in another thread...