Re: Re: Hmevision ir transmitter

Andy

Ok lets get something working!

Firstly lets check the led's will light. Short out the collector and emitter
of the 2N2222. This is quite safe, and is the equivelent of just wiring the
led's and resistor to a battery. The LED's should light. If they do not I'm
afraid you have a wiring error somewhere.

Now if that is ok, we now need to check that TR2 switches. So remove the
short from collector / emitter. Also remove the link between from the
emitter of tr1 to the base of tr2. Now connect say a 1K Ohm resistor from
the base of tr2 to the +5v supply. Again the LED's should light, if not this
would sugest a problem with tr2.

Now if you get this far remove the 1K and replace the link between emitter
and base. Now try putting the 1K Ohm between the base of TR1 and the +5V
supply again the LED's should light.

Ok let me know how far you get. If I get chance I'll try to read the group
via Yahoo at work but if not I'll get back to my mail around 6pm.

Ian D