Re: Hmevision ir transmitter

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Hmevision ir transmitter
  • From: "andy_powell_is" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 22:40:37 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Ian B" <Ian@M...> wrote:
> Don't forget to common all the grounds.

Ian,

I'm using 2 separate breadboards with 2 separate PSUs (Homevision is
not involved at the mo, I'm just trying to get the circuit right so
as not to blow it up) Do I still need to make a link between the two
grounds?

I'm not sure I understand the rest of your message...

please engage idiot proof mode :P

Andy

> I would suggest you do this in stages and the first one is to
connect the
> 2N2222 base to the HV +ve IR output via a resistor, something like
1k should
> do it. Then connect the collector to +ve via a resistor and the IR
LED, 100
> ohms should be good. Connect the emitter to the ground of the power
supply.
> With the HV ground and power supply ground connected try a test IR
burst. If
> the equipment does not respond then change the LED for a visible
one and see
> if it flashes dimly?
>
> Let me know
>
> Ian