Re: Hmevision ir transmitter

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Hmevision ir transmitter
  • From: "andy_powell_is" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 20:04:24 -0000

Ian,

Thanks for the reply, I should say that I'm just starting out in
electronics so you'll need to dumb - down any advice :P ...

if you look at:

You'll basically see the circuit. The general idea is to take the IR
pulse (which appears to be +5v for on and 0v for off) and output to
multiple IR LEDs. The obvious things are that:

a) I don't want to go near Homevision until it's tested
b) the current draw from homevision should be as little as possible.

In the end I'm aiming for 8 zones of IR with 8 outputs (3.5mm mono
jacks into which emmiters can be plugged) for each zone plus 1 LED as
an indicator for each zone...

Hope this explains a little of what I'm hoping to achieve...

Thanks again,

Andy

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Ian Davidson" <ian@g...> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've not been following this thread but I have just drawn out the
circuit
> you described.
>
> The BC182 will never conduct because it never has any voltage on
it. i.e. it
> is either not connected or connect to ground via the switch. The
bc182 is an
> NPN transistor and requires at least 0.7v between b/e junction to
conduct.
> If you add a pull up resistor between the base and vcc it should
work but
> you will need a value high enough to prevent exceeding the base
current. If
> you tell me exactly what you want to achieve I'll try to be more
helpful.

> Ian D

E is

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/