Re: The List - The Future?

--- In ukha_d@y..., David Sussman <davids@i...> wrote:
> As a newbie to the list I'd agree that there's a lot of posts
recently that
> haven't been directly relevant (including this one). I think all

Indeed, jst looking at the past 2 hours so since I left work and
arrived home, it's almost been a shock to find the odd HA related
mail amongst all the shennanigans about bb's, the law etc.
However, you'll never get completely away from OT postings - and the
fact that you can have them (at least for a little while) is one of
the things that differentiates this group from some of the
newsgroups for example where you get jumped on for the least little
OT posting.

bulk buy
> discussions (which I think are valuable), should go to the habuy
list - if
> you want to participate join that list - use email filters/actions
to move

That assumes you know you want to join a bulk buy in the first
place.  I joined HABUY off the back of a mention here about buying
wifi kit.
If the Fujitsu's had started life there, I'd not have known about
them either......

I did elect to take the AT buy there (thanks to JOhn's offer) but
with his recent list problems and problems with me being joined at
two different email addresses, it has been necessary to post here
again.  Indeed (today aside) some of the earlier posts were seen by
people who had missed the very first one I did about an AT buy,
whether through skim reading UKHA_D and missing it, or by only
joining recently so it has proved useful having the discussion here.

If we were talking about bulk buying of pork bellies, now that would
be way OT, but surely HA related buys should be allowed to at least
start here and then maybe move away once numbers are finalised and
everyone has instructions on where to go for follow-up info.....

Tony