RE: Need legal advice?

> damages.  I just
> scanned a follow up from Dr John and his commentary is
> correct, Public Liability
> Insurance is one way to protect yourself from damages and
> whilst Companies,
> public institiutions and charities can get this quite easily
> (In fact must have,
> me thinks) private individuals may find it very difficult.

Correct, I must have this as a Ltd company even though I do not deal with
the public, have no offices that ppl would visit, have no equipment that I
might lug to work and drop on someone's toe (well, apart from the laptop,
ipaq etc!!).
Hell, I even need employers insurance incase I, as an employee, decide to
sue my own company eg because I as a company director did something I the
employee feels is worhty of a suit :-/

> I'm just wondering whether there would be any merit in the
> group forming a
> co-operative (Has this been covered before ?), then you have
> a binding charter
> and any profit is returned as a dividend to the members.  I
> know next to bugger
> all about this but would be willing to do some research if
> there is consensus
> that it has merit.

Given that the membership of the group is not stable, there would need to be
some sort of agreement on how to distribute said profits - company style so
that you get the same divi as everyone else?
Based on lenght of time you are a member?
What if someone want to be in the group but isn't ever going to join a bulk
buy?
If I join the day before a div distribution, am I entitled to it?
etc etc.....

Tony

      Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com