RE: UK spec Audiotron Bulk Buy

Tony Butler [mailto:tony.butler@xxxxxxx] wrote:
> I've had a number of discussions with the European distributor of the
> Audiotron and we have managed to come to an agreement on a bulk buy
> of the 220v Audiotron.  These are the costs to ship directly to you
> Qty            15      20      50      100
> Price      265      262      255      250

Sounds good.

> In the spirit of other bulk buys, I will reveal that I am making
> a _small_ profit on this, but given that it's less than the US
> price you agreed, and I would have made a small profit on the 220v
> conversions, (which obviously now won't happen) I don't see there
> should be a problem with this.

I don't have a problem with this.  It was obvious that the 240v conversion
would involve you taking some money for your time.  I opted out of this
coversion, as I wanted to retain the machine in an unmodified state so that
I could return it via a friend in the US if it went wrong one day.  I think
Tony just wants another AT himself, and thinks other HA's can benfit in such
a good toy as well. Making a bit of money on the side is not the driving
factor, so I don't think Tony was worried I had opted out of the 20quid
conversion.

I joined the bulk buy early on, for one reason.  I've wanted an AudioTron
since Mark (I think) did a review on his website, I liked the look of the
unit.  At the time of the original RIO bulk buy I stayed out since I wanted
to hang on for an AudioTron.  For me to get an AudioTron on its own to my
home was looking to cost me about 350ukp after postage, VAT etc.  I even
looked at getting freinds to buy one in the US etc.  The bulk buy looked a
lot easier and cheaper, and with others also taking part meant I'd have my
UK'ers to talk to about the AT when I finally got it.

> On Shipping: "The delivery date for shipment from Yonkers NY,
> is expected in 14 days. If this date is met, we expect to see
> our order of 250 units here in Denmark by the middle of July.
> We will ship the units to the UK with a delivery time of maximum
> 5 days."
>
> Yep - that is 'July' and not 'June' - I checked with them.

I'm happy to wait till July.  By getting the European ones I think we are
helping Turtle Beach realise that there decision to look outside the US was
worth it.  Anyway it'll give me more time to play with the Welch Allyn
Barcode scanner that I got from the last Bulk Buy I took part in.#

Rob

--
    / ___  / /  / / __   / _____ HOME: chas@xxxxxxx    / /  /_/ / /__/ / / /__/ / / /__    http://www.kaosuk.co.uk/

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor