RE: UK spec Audiotron Bulk Buy

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: UK spec Audiotron Bulk Buy
  • From: "Stuart Booth" <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:45:45 +0100
On 30 May 02, at 10:13, Mark Harrison wrote:

>  Maybe they have...
>
>  ... maybe it's from someone who _has_ organised a bulk buy and wants
>  to see them continue as they have been to date.... open book, and
>  with an offer of profits returned.

:-)

Perhaps if the BulkBuy s/w ever comes off it'll allow support for an
accumulation of profits to cover problems, and when officially
closed, a fair redistribution of the profits.

But even with a lot of the chore of organising a BB mostly removed
by some cunning s/w, somebody still has to do the running, the
negotiating and quite likely some repackaging/reposting (SonicBlue
being the exception here that I know of), even if we can automate
things with a link to APC or whomever it was that JohnT was
recommending recently on HABUY.

Does this time&effort (the expensive bit) not put people off doing it?
For the good of the community only stretches so far I would think.
How many of the existing BulkBuy organisers would do it again?!

As I said in my original post I have absolutely no problem with the
organiser getting something out of it, although there will come a
point when I would get upset and that might be enough to deter me
>from
I'm not in a position to buy the organiser pints in return as it's
highly unlikely I'll meet them, and there are only so many of those
that can be consumed. Would it be fair to set a rate for the
organiser per head in the Buy?

What I wouldn't like to see is these things stopping outright
because it is seen as advertising, which often provokes strong
reactions. The recent case was unacceptable, but from active
members offering to help a community, I find it very warming that
this happens. We all have our own thresholds.

I felt the original query raised by MarkM was a complaint about
profits being made. I misinterpreted it, apologies to you MarkH.

Stuart