A Public Apology

Title: Re: [ukha_d] UK spec Audiotron Bulk Buy

Let me publically apologise for my very OTT message back to Tony. I over-reacted to his "good god..." reply to my original message, which wasn't intended as a dig at him.

Let me further go on record with a couple of things:

1: I don't believe that Tony is excessively profiteering on the AudioTron bulk buy.

2: It was ME who originally spoke to Mark about making profits on the bulk buys... but read on.

This was _prior_ to Tony's recent post about European and "small profit".

The reason I was picked up the phone to speak to Mark about guidelines for Bulk Buys was because of the relationship that UKHA is building with SonicBlue, who have expressed to me very clearly that they want to understand how our bulk buy process actually works and is governed before they enter into the next one (on ReplayTV.)

We discussed both past and current bulk buys, including (in chronological order) Graham', Gareth's, John's, mine, and Tony's.

In our discussions, I said that I was felt we needed a clear distinction between those who wanted to run Bulk Buys as a service to the group as a whole, and would try to do this at cost, and those who were commercially-motivated, in particular the guy that Mark banned last week for just coming on and spamming the list with adverts.

The thrust of my conversation with Mark is that we needed to make clear, in advance, the guidelines for doing this. As you know, I drafted the original set of guidelines that, say, Gareth used. I think that it's far better to understand what we're all letting ourselves in for up front.

We _are_ becoming a powerful force in the leading-edge Home Automation market, and wholesalers are beginning to ask questions that we need to be able to answer...

Mark